Refurbishing Avanti Dash Gauges

Avanti gauges – in beginning stage of refurbishment. I removed these gauges from the dash of a 1963 Avanti.

Repairs consisted of removing and polishing bezels. Bead blasted and repainted the light diffuser rings. Cleaned gauge faces and repainted the needles, repainted the tach red line. Fabricated a high beam lens and cleaned and oiled speedometer mechanism. The clock was not working, I repaired it. Reassembled all the gauges, crimping chrome bezels onto gauge bodies. Re-installed all gauges into dash with new pad replacement. 

Kinney-Dash-3

  Kinney-Gauges-1

                            Finished gauges – ready for install.